Monday 7 January 2013

You're never too old to game!

I recently got into a conversation with one of the customers where I work. I currently work for a Self Storage company and this guy basically runs his own business. He sells those pre-printed phone cases for the iphone as well a selection of questionable tshirts. Anyways, to cut the story short we got to talking about what it is a do in my spare time so I explained about my slowly building empire of handmade goodies. I showed him some pictures and he was suitably impressed.

Now whom it was who started the craze again I shall never know - however thanks to the likes of arcade games and the original Nintendo I find myself often pushing out a number of retro game designs. He asked me for a phone sleeve which I am currently part way through making so I thought I would share with you the picture of what shall be on the front. Since then I have been asked for a couple of designs based on our retro buddies and as a result I guess they will be made up and stocked. Fine by me - I don't think you are ever too old to game ;)

The feature of the phone sleeve. Mario Mushrooms.
I need to source some fabric that will match the blue or the yellow/green, then I can get to making up the sleeve itself. Thankfully the guy is in no rush.

I'm on the look out for other retro designs. Any first gen gamers out there who would like to pop down there ideas for me?

2 comments:

  1. What a great start to the year Kat. Good luck for 2013 and hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been much into gaming but my children are (they're in their 30's)
    I love the mushrooms, they are such an iconic image. I love the flowers in the game too. The only other game I remember was tetris??
    What a great start to the new year. Look forward to seeing the finished phone sleeve. (I'm making one for myself out of one of the socks) :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete