Wednesday 12 December 2012

The madness settles - time for networking.

I woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather and then realised it is more than likely because I haven't stopped for weeks on end. My day job has required my full attention when there thanks to one of our staff leaving. I hate doing interviews at the best of times however at this time of year I hate it even more. Though I had my last fair the other week I have still been churning out orders. Which is great in all honesty.

However at the end of it I have had very little me time. So I promised myself a lie which I have had! The past few weeks have seen me falling asleep over my work. Something like this but not so cute.


I don't know about any of you but I have now started to look to the New Year. What I want to achieve and why I want to be there.

I have been trying to get my likes counter up to 1000 for a while now (on Facebook that is). I know it's fickle, but for some reason I will feel like 'Yay, may not mean a straight sale but it does mean my name is out there'. There has been such a lot of talk recently on whether likes mean anything on your Facebook page. The way I look at it, for every one like you may get maybe, just maybe, a sale may come from an unexpected corner. And if not, it's been fun getting there. In my travels across the Facebook networking sites I have come across the good the bad and the down right ugly. However, by a twist of fate I met up with a page who have since taken me on as part of their Admin team. A little touch and go for a while as the page and the admins tried to work out how best to proceed - however I now work next to 5 very lovely ladies helping to promote the works of others (which I really enjoy) and I have also made some amazing friendships. If you are new to networking, or are an old hat looking for a lovely environment I point you over to The Crafters Society and Directory. Such a great group and no one goes ignored. Every post is answered one way or another. 

It has made me realise that this year has been a hard one, but hopefully, over the months to come I will get to see the blossoming of my own handy work as well as that of others deserving of praise. I will continue to network and see where it takes me. After all I have had some sales this year from the most unexpected of places. As the madness settles and we have time to look back I hope you all remember the good with the bad. I think this year has been hard on us all - thanks economy, we owe you one (not). I have high hope for next year, so join me in a little pre-christmas networking and lets see if we can't rock the joint next year. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kat, you really sound like you need time off - hope the holidays prove to be peaceful and that you start the New Year recharged. Thanks for stopping by my blog! all the best - Whitney

    ReplyDelete