Thursday 8 December 2011

The Rush

Every year I make sure that by this date I have my tree up, the house decorations up, the calendar well on its well on its way to being emptied of chocolate, the cats are getting shouted at for trying to climb the tree, the presents are wrapped. The food shopping is under way, the movie for the 5am wake up call on the big day has been chosen and I am carefully counting the wine bottles under the stair to ensure none go missing.

This year, I get what people mean by 'the rush'.

I haven't done half of what I should have done. In fact, the only things that been completed...nothing. Nadda. Nought.

I have everything half finished. However I am not complaining. In fact, I am a very happy bunny. I have received so many last minute orders for handmade Christmas gifts that I am struggling to keep up. Between a full time job with awful working hours (well the travel is the awful bit), doing the shopping, gift wrapping and just general life I feel fully rushed of my feet.

I love it!

As a result of my lack of schedule I missed out on Handmade Monday which I was a little gutted about I have to admit. However I have found time to join Crafty-Bitz, which I just love! The idea behind it all is amazing. A free showcase of such great talent. Trust me to be a bit slow on the up take. I blame my lack of organisational skills ;) If you haven't already, I would ask you to at least check it out. A lovely forum indeed!

I have been making up personalised gift boxes for jewellery sets - Pick'n'Mix bags, and Scrabble boxes (I will post pics at the weekend). I have been baking fimo like it is going out of fashion (well in fairness is did kind of in the late 90's). Waiting on orders and putting together earring and bracelets sets for custom orders. So I have been a happy crafty bunny!

Whilst I don't have photos of the customs just yet, I did want to show you these. Some knitted decorations (which I was going to put on folksy... but somehow they found their wait to my tree... strange that...). Also, attempt number two at Chainmaille. Really getting into that jump ring set up gig. It looks so complex, but I am surprised at how easy it really is - but in all fairness I have only tried out some of the easier designs so watch this space.






2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your tree decorations, so cute. Don't worry about not getting ready, take it from me,(and I have years of experience lol) it will all come together on Christmas Eve, it always does. Good news about all the orders though. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on all of your business. I'm not organised at all this year, so that makes two of us. Love your knitted makes not surprised you wanted to hang on to them

    ReplyDelete